Hello! We’re Katrina and Anthony, and we are the happy renovators!
Currently, we’re working on renovating our dream home. In May 2017 we purchased an old house, in a great location. Now we’re ready to renovate it and make it amazing. Find out more about our backstory here.
Anthony is a plumber by trade so that makes things a lot easier, and I grew up a tomboy who loved hanging with my Dad who was always building or renovating our house. We live in tropical north Queensland, Australia, where it’s sunny 300+ days a year.
While we’ve done smaller renovation projects on our previous houses, this is the first time we’re doing a renovation together, and one of such a big scale! By the end of it we’ll have:
- Raised the house, and built in a second story downstairs, effectively doubling the size of the house, while keeping the same footprint
- Built 3 bathrooms from scratch!
- Built a new kitchen from scratch!
- Upgraded the house from 3 bedrooms to 5
- Replaced the roof
- Upgraded the shed
- Fenced the entire yard
- Built out a garden
- Setup a carport
- Built a deck
- And tons of small projects to help it all get there
I’m hoping we can get the bulk of it done within about 2 years. Which means it will probably take 4.
Fixing up the shed so we have somewhere watertight to store everything Restoring the old wooden casement windows Prepping to lift the current house 2.7m up, so we can build in a second level underneath Startingon framing out the new master, walk-in and ensuite Reconfiguring the windows for the new layout Building a 50m side fence
April – September 2018:
Lift the house Concrete foundation Frame out the exterior walls for downstairs Run all the new plumbing Plasterboard, corniceand painting for the master bedroom, wardrobe, stairwell Start building out and tiling the upstairs ensuite and bathroom Install windows for upstairs Install windows for downstairs
October – December 2018:
Finish the ensuite
- Setup a walk-in wardrobe for our master suite
Move into the new master bedroom😍 Final polish for concrete floor downstairs
- Install the internal stairs
Clad the downstairs exterior
- Paint downstairs exterior
- Downstairs to lockup (all walls, windows + doors)
- Internal walls downstairs
- Plasterboard, cornice and painting for downstairs
- Build our dream kitchen 😍😍😍
- Finish the upstairs second bathroom
- Build new bathroom downstairs
- Laundry cupboard
- Deck off the back of the house