This year we’ve got a LOT going on, so I’m going to try and do a weekly update so we can look back and see all the progress we’ve made.

The first week of the year kicked off nicely. At the end of last year I started putting together a draft timeline of everything that needed to be done over the next 6 months. In my head I knew we had a lot to do, but I still thought we’d still be able to take a few weekends / days off to relax.

But once I started putting it all down on paper I quickly realised just how much there was to be done and to be honest, got a bit stressed about how we were going to get it done on time and still have some time to relax. I’m keen to get this house renovated ASAP, but I also don’t want it to be the only thing we do this year.

Thankfully the first week was a success and we were able to get everything done on the schedule without any major hiccups.

This week we finished off most of the shed, including painting the exterior. I’m so happy with how this project has turned out. We spent a bit under $1,500 and it looks like a brand new shed! We’ve still got some finishing touches to do, but here is a progress shot of how much it’s changed already.

Changes made so far:

  • New roof
  • New gutters
  • Removed broken window
  • Cladded front and side
  • Enclosed back section
  • Painted Colorbond Shale Grey

Next up this week we also started changing out the windows on the left side of house. This section used to be the dining room, but will become the master bedroom when we do the lift. A wall will be going through the old windows breaking it into an ensuite and walk-in robe, so we decided to remove the casements, and swap it out for a smaller sliding window.

Because we were changing it to be a smaller space, we needed to find some old weatherboards that would match the exterior. We were lucky enough to source some from the local demolition yard which was a close enough match. It looks like a bit of a mix match at the moment, but I think once we seal up the gaps and paint it you’ll hardly be able to tell the difference.

Next week we’re swapping out more windows, and starting to repair the casements.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *